- Time:Jul 24, 2023
Lime kiln refractory brick is a kind of refractory material specially used for lime kiln lining. The following is a detailed introduction to the quality standards and requirements of refractory bricks for lime kilns in general:
1. Chemical composition: The chemical composition of refractory bricks for lime kilns should meet specific requirements. Common chemical compositions include aluminum oxide (Al2O3), silicon dioxide (SiO2), calcium oxide (CaO), and magnesium oxide (MgO). The content and ratio of these ingredients will affect the performance of refractory bricks.
2. Compressive strength: Refractory bricks for lime kiln need to have sufficient compressive strength to withstand the mechanical stress in the high temperature environment in the kiln. Generally, the compressive strength of refractory bricks for lime kiln is required to be between about 10-40 megapascals (MPa), and the specific value will vary according to the actual application requirements.
3. Refractoriness: Refractory bricks for lime kiln should have high refractoriness and be able to withstand the impact and erosion of the high temperature environment inside the lime kiln. Common refractoriness requirements are between 1,400°C and 1,800°C.
4. Corrosion resistance: Refractory bricks for lime kiln need to have good corrosion resistance, which can resist chemical erosion and melting inside the lime kiln. This includes corrosion resistance to alkaline and acid gases and resistance to dissolution of limestone and other substances.
5. Compactness: The compactness of refractory bricks refers to the tightness of their internal pore structure. Higher density can provide better fire resistance and mechanical strength. Density is usually evaluated by measuring parameters such as apparent porosity and water absorption of refractory bricks.
6. Dimensional accuracy: The size of refractory bricks for lime kiln should meet specific requirements to ensure its accurate installation and stability in the lining of lime kiln.
The above are the quality standards and requirements for common lime kiln refractory bricks. In fact, specific quality standards and requirements may vary according to different lime kiln designs, process flow and environmental conditions. Therefore, when selecting and using refractory bricks for lime kilns, it is recommended to refer to relevant industry standards, specifications and technical data provided by suppliers to ensure that the selected materials meet specific application requirements.